Galway Centre for Independent Living is registered with Microsoft as authorized refurbishers of second hand computers.
Microsoft Computer Refurbishment Program is a program enabling companies or individuals to donate second hand computers to Galway Centre for Independent Living.
Galway Centre for Independent Living will then carry out the following:
- Delete all information stored on the computer
- Uninstall the operating system and any other programs installed by the previous owner
- Re-install a licensed operating system
- Ensure the CD and other hardware are working correctly on the computer
- Ensure the internet is working on the computer
- Offer the refurbished computer to Leaders (people with a disability)
- Ensure the computer is properly set up for the individual
Safely decommission your unused PC’s and Laptops
Click here for information on Microsoft Registered Refurbishment
Want to find out more?
For more details on our PC Refurbishment service please contact the Service Coordinator, Galway Centre for Independent Living on 091 773910 or use our online contact form.